Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is the best way to do sector research?

I need to research different sectors and subsectors. I would like to know what makes each sector move and what its main components are? I know this is a huge investment of time, but one that I am willing to make. Any ideas, websites, etc?What is the best way to do sector research?
Investors Business Daily (investors.com) has by far the best industry sector classification with best and worst performing sectors, sector charts, and individual stock listings and ratings. You can easily find correlation between stock ratings, best performing stocks, and leading sectors. It's a premium service called Industry Groups but you can subscribe for a month and cancel for a partial refund once you are done with your project.What is the best way to do sector research?
http://it-sector.blogspot.com/

Report Abuse

What is the best way to do sector research?
You can use the yahoo finance screener. I found CX a few years back using "big, cheap and growing." I generally search for EPS growth up 25% high ROE, etc. Investors business daily IBD runs a screener and is able to identify many good stocks. I also get ideas from Barons, yahoo, google finance, Jim Kramer etc. I'll keep em in a watch list wait for the right price and time and pull the trigger. I've admired ITW for years but had to wait to get the right price. Put a little work each week with your research and it will pay off down the line.



FWIW here's my current low risk buy list



CX, JNJ, CTAS, CVX, DVN, HES, LOW, MDT, PCG, RSG



note: Own them all less PCG



Good luck
  • walkie talkie
  • window tint
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment