Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How much research does an undergraduate do?

I'm starting undergrad research in the second semester of my freshman year, and while I think this is pretty good, I'm still wondering how it compares to most other undergraduates. What advantage does this give me over those with less or no research experience?How much research does an undergraduate do?
Most undergraduates planning on going to grad school will do research at some point in their undergraduate career; at their school, at other universities, at national labs, in government, or industry, etc. Starting early is good. I did research every year of undergrad (and had great grades and test scores), even got published, and still didn't get into top grad schools because other students did more.

No comments:

Post a Comment